If you vehicle is in our shops for multiple days it may be necessary to consider a rental car. Just let us know and we can help with the process.
Some Things To Know:
Whether or not you are paying directly for your rental car, you will find that at the time you take possession, the rental company will put a hold charge on you credit card. The reason for this is to ensure that you will return the car and to protect the rental car company for any charges that the insurance company would not pay for.
The charge hold put on your card ranges from $25.00 to $250.00 depending on the company renting your vehicle and the amount of time you will be in the rental.
Some of the things insurance companies do not pay for are:
- The taxes due on the rental car.
- Late rental car returns.
- Your policy may only pay for an 80/20 split.
- Additional insurance on the rental car or upgrades to a bigger car.
- Any damage that may have been caused while car was in your possession.
- The gas charges, because it was not returned to the same level of gas as when it left.